|Ministries & Activities at United
Worship and Music
- Style of Worship. For worship, we pursue a convergent style selecting the best material from a variety of traditions. The contemporary worship elements use an eclectic mix of praise, ethnic, and worship songs. A variety of instrumental ensembles help lead these parts of our worship. The traditional elements include music and hymns taken from "Evangelical Lutheran Worship." For these parts of our worship, we use the piano and pipe organ as the main instruments. Occasionally, we also use brass and other musical instruments. We do all of this in a liturgical framework.
- The Lord's Supper. Communion is offered at both services every week and on Festival Days.
- Church Nursery. An attended nursery area for young children is provided during worship services and Sunday school. It is located downstairs in the Sunday School area.
- Music Ministry. For more about our music ministry, please take a look at the Music Ministry page.
- Sunday School.
- Adult Classes.
- Women of United.
- Vacation Bible School and Day Camp. Emmaus Lutheran and United Lutheran combine forces to produce an awesome VBS each summer!
- Confirmation Classes. Seventh and eighth graders prepare to take on full membership in the church.
- First Communion Classes. Preparation for a child's first communion involves several sessions to learn more about the significance of Holy Communion.
- High School Youth Group (with a summer mission trip each year).
- Middle School Youth Group.
- Midweek Community Meal.
- Adult Fellowship Gatherings.
- Special Activities for Children.
- School Supplies and Hygiene Packets. Twice each year, members of United Lutheran collect hygiene and school supplies for distribution through Lutheran World Relief.
- Fair Trade Coffee and Chocolate. Fair trade coffee and chocolate are sold following the Sunday morning worship services. Sales go to help farmers in Africa get decent prices for their crops.
- Twelve-Step Programs. United Lutheran hosts several Twelve-Step programs.
- The Eugene Homeless Parking Program.